Were you or a loved one injured in a car accident caused by someone else? If so, you may have already been contacted by an insurance adjuster attempting to settle your claim. It is important to know that the insurance company is not interested in fully and fairly compensating you for your losses. Insurance companies are focused on their profits, and the less they pay for their claims, the more it benefits their financial standing.
The attorneys at Abuershaid Lee and Le, Trial Lawyers, APC, represent clients injured in car accidents in Diamond Bar and throughout southern California. We know that insurance companies work to minimize the value of their claims. In doing so, they often leave injury victims undercompensated and unable to pay for their accident-related medical bills and other damages. Our attorneys know how insurance adjusters operate, and we can help you get theR compensation that you deserve.
Our Car Accident Practice
- We know that you may have more questions than answers after a car accident, and we can help. We offer free car accident consultations to learn about your collision and injuries. Our attorneys will also answer your questions and concerns during the consultation and throughout our legal representation.
- Our attorneys have a reputation for being aggressive legal advocates with a record of success in the courtroom. Unlike some attorneys who avoid taking any personal injury cases to trial, our attorneys are fully prepared to take every claim to court when it is in our clients’ best interests.
- Our lawyers are not typical personal injury attorneys working in your typical personal injury law firm. Our number one priority is maximizing your compensation. We do not try to get our cases settled as quickly as possible. Sometimes our cases settle quickly, but sometimes it takes more time and effort to secure maximum compensation.
Cost of Legal Representation
As mentioned above, we do not charge anything for your initial consultation and case evaluation. After we take on your case, we do not collect attorneys’ fees for our work on your claim until we have helped you win compensation from the defendant. We know that finances are often tight after a car accident due to medical bills, automobile damage, and missed work. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that our payment is a percentage of your settlement or trial award.
Common Car Accident Causes and Factors
- To prove a car accident injury claim, it is important to gather evidence to show that the defendant’s negligence, or recklessness, caused your accident. See below for common causes and factors in Diamond Bar car accident cases.
- Speeding – Speed is frequently a factor in car accident cases. The faster a vehicle is moving, the more difficult it is to stop or take evasive actions to avoid an accident. Speed also increases the severity of injuries because as speed increases, so does the accident impact.
- Following too closely – Rear-end vehicle accidents are frequently caused by one car following another car too closely. Drivers should leave plenty of space behind the car in front so that they have adequate time to stop when the vehicle in front slows or stops.
- Intoxicated driving – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal, but that does not stop many drivers from doing it. Operating while impaired is a threat to the driver, other vehicle occupants, and everyone else sharing the road.
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving involves driving while doing anything that takes your attention from the road. Texting, emailing, using GPS, and eating are all examples of distracted driving.
- Reckless driving – Reckless driving is operating a vehicle in a dangerous manner without concern for the safety and well-being of others. Speed, weaving in traffic, unsafe lane changes, and road rage incidents are all types of reckless driving.
- Failing to yield – Failing to yield to a driver with the right of way is a common car accident cause. Running a red light, running a stop sign, or violating the California driving laws frequently leads to failure to yield accidents.
- Driver inexperience – Driver inexperience is a common factor in many car accidents, especially when drivers are in their first six months of driving.
After an accident, you should say as little as possible until you have spoken with an attorney. This is especially true if an insurance company contacts you to ask about the accident and your resulting injuries. The insurance adjuster may seem sympathetic and like he or she is on your side, but that’s not the case. As discussed above, insurance companies want to pay as little as possible for their claims.
Insurance adjusters usually contact injured parties to ask questions about how the accident occurred and the extent of injuries sustained. Anything you say during an insurance interview can be used against you in the future. It is especially important not to admit fault, even if you think you may have been partially to blame for the accident. Insurance representatives will take any of your statements or admissions to justify denying or reducing the value of your personal injury claim.
California Comparative Fault Law
California’s comparative fault laws benefit those who have been injured in car accidents because even if your fault contributed to the accident, you may still recover compensation from another at-fault party for your injuries and damages. Once responsibility has been allocated between parties, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if you were 20% at fault for your accident and the defendant was 80% at fault, the defendant will be responsible for paying 80% of your total injuries and damages.
Contact Our Diamond Bar Car Accident Lawyers
The attorneys at Abuershaid Lee and Le, Trial Lawyers, APC, have represented injured clients in car accident claims for more than 20 years. We know how challenging the financial recovery process can be when you are dealing with your physical and emotional recovery, and we can help. As soon as we take on your claim, we will begin investigating your accident and gathering important evidence to support your claim. Contact us today at (866) 222-1255 to schedule your free case consultation.