Diamond Bar Wrongful Death Attorney
Losing a loved one is a painful experience, and emotions can be complicated when someone else was responsible for your family member’s death. During the grief process, it is common to experience other feelings, such as anger, confusion, and frustration. You and your family may also be facing financial stresses due to funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and medical bills.
The wrongful death attorneys at Christopher Lee Law Firm, want you to know that you do not have to go through this alone. We represent surviving family members in wrongful death claims against all responsible parties. If someone’s negligent, careless, or reckless conduct caused your loved one’s death, you may be entitled to compensation for the losses you have suffered.
Our Wrongful Death Claim Practice
- Our attorneys are caring and compassionate. We understand that you and your family are going through a challenging time and facing an uncertain future. We will handle your claim with respect while seeking justice for you and your loved one.
- We have more than 20 years of experience representing clients in wrongful death claims. We will be there to guide and support you throughout the legal process. Client communication is paramount to our practice, and we will always be there to address your questions and concerns.
- Our job is to handle the financial recovery process so that you and your family can focus on your emotional healing and recovery. We will take over all of the legal work, including the investigation, evidence gathering, settlement negotiations, legal filings, and trial preparation.
Wrongful Death Compensation
In California, wrongful death claims are based on the losses that surviving family members have suffered as a result of losing their loved ones. Unlike other types of personal injury claims, survivors may not recover compensation for the pain, suffering, and grief they have experienced. However, you may be entitled to recover compensation for other types of losses called economic damages. Examples of economic damages include:
- Loss of the decedent’s financial support
- The value of gifts and benefits you would have expected to receive during your lifetime from the decedent
- The value of the decedent’s household services
- Funeral and burial expenses.
You may also recover compensation for other losses that are known as noneconomic damages. The value of noneconomic damages is more unpredictable than economic damages because there is no fixed monetary value for these losses. Examples of noneconomic damages in wrongful death claims include:
- Loss of the decedent’s comfort, care, and companionship
- Loss of sexual relations
- Loss of the decedent’s training and guidance
Financial Recovery for Your Loved One
Under some circumstances, the estate may have a claim for the losses your loved one experienced before he or she died under a survival action. In general, survival actions are appropriate if your loved one survived after the injury accident long enough to incur losses. Recoverable compensation under a survival action includes lost income, medical expenses, and under some circumstances, punitive damages.
Contact a Diamond Bar Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you lost your loved one in an accident caused by someone else, we can help. Contact an attorney at Christopher Lee Law Firm, to schedule a free consultation. We will go over your case and talk about how we can help you pursue justice and compensation for your family member’s fatal injuries.